Supplement 2 from the Commodity Classification Standards Board (CCSB) was posted on July 25, 2019. This notice lists various changes to National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) standards and packaging rules that will go into effect on August 24, 2019.
Some of the commodities that will be affected include:
- Air Coolers, water evaporative type (NMFC 114130): Amended to provide classes based upon packaging and density.
- Broilers, Cookers or Roasters (NMFC 25840): Electric items including Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers or Rice Cookers. Cancels items 25930 and 52880.
- Cords, power supply (NMFC 61490): Amended to state "for permanent attachment to electrical appliances, machines or tools." Class changed from 65 to 70.
- Mobility Scooters (NMFC 56834): New classification for electric mobility scooters having three or more wheels with a density break at 5 PCF.
- Pressure Regulators, Pressure Reducing Valves or Pressure Relief Valves (NMFC 127220): Item 127200 will be canceled with reference to item 127220, which is amended to a density-based item with breaks at 8 and 12 PCF.
- Siding, plastic (NMFC 170580): Amended to provide classes based upon greatest dimension and density; to name "siding, plastic, with or without backing or insulation of same or other material."
- Toilet Preparations (NMFC 59420): This existing classification becomes a density-based item with breaks at 10 and 15 PCF. The reference to item 60000 is removed and item 6000 is amended to remove a reference to Toilet Preps.
- Water heaters, tankless (NMFC 26525): Amended to a density-based item with a break at 8 PCF.