Supplement 1 from the Commodity Classification Standards Board has been posted. This notice lists various changes to NMFCs and packaging rules that will go into effect on April 27, 2019.
Some of the commodities that will be affected include:
- NMFC 79545: Mattresses, Compressed and Rolled; a new item with classes of 100 and 175.
- NMFC 79550: Mattresses, NOI, Upholstered Box Springs or Waterbed; currently classes 200 and 250; changing to class 300 only.
- NMFC 18260: Automobile Body Parts; will no longer include brush guards, grille guards, pull/push bars, bumpers or bumper fittings. These will have their own, new NMFC numbers.
- NMFC 149980: Paints; current classes are: 55, 60, 85 and 92.5; new classes are 55 and 85 only and will no longer apply to combustibles.
- NMFC 44500: Flammable or Combustible Liquids; new item which can be used for some flammable or combustible paints (liquid).
Make sure you are up-to-date on all future NMFC changes by contacting us or reaching out to our Client Services team. The shipping experts at Ascent Global Logistics can answer any questions you have regarding NMFC updates, classification changes and more!