Centralizing the management of logistics activities can produce a number of benefits for shippers. With a dedicated team to manage logistics activities, shippers will save time and money due to the increased control, improved transparency and streamlined processes. Below are 10 reasons why shippers should consider the centralization of logistics management.
- Streamlining of processes across multiple shipping and receiving locations
- Preparation of shipping documents including the Bill of Lading (BOL) and the Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Consolidated pickup and delivery confirmations as well as communication and tracking on shipments
- Standardized freight audit and payment procedures to avoid billing errors
- Expert carrier negotiations as well as contract and tariff management to yield the best pricing possible
- Vast carrier network to offer clients comprehensive options and the ability to take advantage of backhauls
- Improved management of carrier selection and qualification, verifying that the carrier has cargo and liability insurance as well as a strong overall safety performance score
- Additional visibility to help improve the coordination between your customers and other business units such as sales, operations, accounting and customer service
- Robust reporting capabilities to track historical data to plan for the future and proactively solve problems
- Complete team of transportation professionals focused on superior customer service and cost control
Ascent Global Logistics specializes in helping companies effectively and efficiently manage their logistics needs. The Ascent team offers professional domestic freight management, international freight forwarding and retail consolidation solutions.
Your partner for peak logistics performance.